NORSI Travel Refund Policy
Travel refund procedures for NORSI students, alumni, faculty and supervisors 2021-2024
Who may receive travel
refund? NORSI will cover
travel related expenses to NORSI community members participating in our events.
Support for travel is
provided to NORSI students, alumni, faculty and supervisors who are affiliated
with the research school.
What is reimbursed? NORSI has two categories of academic courses: core and partner courses and extra-curricular activities.
Travel support is given for participation at both NORSI core academic courses and other activities/extracurricular activities such as the annual NORSI conference and writing seminars.
Travel reimbursement is not covered for NORSI partner courses unless specifically mentioned.
If there are travel
refund limitations for a course or activity, information about this will be
listed on the course’s website, and / or at the activity announcement webpage.
We kindly encourage all students who receive travel funding to take an active part in NORSI, and to attend our annual conference.
Travel refund specifications
Travel refund for NORSI
core courses and extra curricula activities: Travel expenses (travel and accommodation) will be covered for NORSI
students, alumni and faculty. NORSI participants make their own travel
arrangement (Economy). You are
expected to book economy tickets as soon as attendance at an event is
confirmed, and otherwise use public transportation to and from airports etc.
NORSI student status: NORSI students’ refund is dependent upon course participation and attendance, and their status as a NORSI member student. You must be an accepted NORSI member student to be eligible for a refund. If you would like to know how to become a NORSI member student click here.
Refund for receipts: Please note that NORSI does not issues per diem (traktamente/diett penger) but will refund per receipt (travel receipt, accommodation receipt etc.), so save your receipts.
NORSI does not reimburse food expenses. Please notice that for NORSI students in Sweden the original paper receipt is needed if you received the original on paper and not digitally. If the original receipt is digital, you can send it in as a digital copy.
How to ask for a travel
refund – information per country:
NORSI students, alumni
and faculty in Norway: All travel
refunds for the NORSI community in Norway is administered through NTNU.
- Submit refund requests TO NTNU: Please fill in the online travel reimbursement form and upload scanned receipts. All refund requests should be submitted one month after completion of travel/course.
- For those not employed at NTNU, please find information here and use cost center “602505” and project number “90611602”:
- NTNU Travel refund form: Travel expenses claim for non-employees – Wiki – innsida.ntnu.no
- Form info: Read link for information and use cost center “602505” and project number “90611602”.
- For NORSI student and faculty employed at NTNU – follow internal procedures.
- Travel refund directly to your academic institutions – refund per invoice: Some Norwegian NORSI students have their institution pay for travel to NORSI course and activities. if your “home” institution has temporarily covered your travel costs, your institution may send NORSI an invoice (faktura) asking NORSI to cover your outstanding travel costs with copies of your receipts. The Invoice is then sent to NTNU with contact person Lena Aune.
NORSI students, alumni and faculty in Sweden: All travel refunds for NORSI students in Sweden is administered through IMIT.
- Submit refund requests TO IMIT: Please fill in form and attached original receipts – the receipts must be sent by mail if the original receipts were on paper and by email if the original receipts were digital.
- Refund requests must be sent using the IMIT the travel reclaim form (link to Excel form) and send it within one month after your travel, along with scans of all original tickets and receipts.
- Send by email to: email@example.com an firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- All originals (if originals on paper) tickets and receipts by mail to: Stiftelsen IMIT, 412 96 GÖTEBORG, SWEDEN
NORSI students in Finland, Denmark, and Iceland: All travel refunds for the NORSI community in Finland, Denmark, and Iceland is administered through NTNU.
- Follow the same procedures as for Norwegians – written above
If you have any questions, please contact NORSI coordinators Lena Aune, NTNU, Marianne Castren, SESS (IMIT) or Elise Irgens, NTNU.