Nordic NORSI is materializing – planning the consortium
26 institutional partners: 32 participants met on 2 September 2020 (Zoom) to discuss and plan the Nordic NORSI consortium – Nordic Research School in Innovation and Entrepreneurship. The participants represented the 26 institutions that have signed the NORSI Letter of Intent.
Excellent PhD courses: NORSI will work to become a Nordic initiative and continue as a research school whose main task is to support and coordinate excellent PhD courses and international network activities within the research areas of innovation and entrepreneurship.
NORSI status: Director of NORSI Roger Sørheim, NTNU held the plenary presentation outlining NORSI status and what NORSI is hoping to achieve in the near future and long-term focusing on impact and outcome for all institutions, students, and faculty involved. Before the NORSI workshop, all Swedish institutions had a pre-meeting where they agreed to coordinated and apply for additional funding to support their institutions’ participation in NORSI. However, all institutions are fully integrated in NORSI as a whole.
Collaborations along research areas: The workshop participants emphasized that collaborations on PhD courses and activities should be coordinated along research areas rather than countries or institutions.
Nordic NORSI Opening January 2021: All participants are divided in to four working groups that will continue to work through this fall, culminating with input to the policies and activates of NORSI ready for the NORSI opening on 28 January 2021 (online – everyone welcome).
The working groups are:
- NORSI Nordic course portfolio, working
group facilitator Bjørn Erik
- NORSI network, organization and
involvement, working group
facilitator Roger Sørheim, NTNU
- NORSI activities & communication,
working group facilitator Marte C. W. Solheim, UiS
- Swedish NORSI network, working group facilitator Åsa Lindholm Dahlstrand, Lund university
November workshop: The participants will meet again on 20 November 2020 to dicuss further.
Signed Letter of Intent per August 2020:
Institutions with signed Letter of Intent
1. Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Project owner/host
2. BI Norwegian Business School (BI), Coordinator/Co-host
3. Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (INN)
4. Nord University (NORD)
5. Norwegian School of Economics (NHH)
6. UiT – The Arctic University (UiT)
7. University of Agder (UiA)
8. University of Oslo – TIK (UiO-TIK)
9. University of Stavanger (UiS)
10. Western Norway University of Applied Sciences (HVL)
11.Kristiania University College
12. Circle, Lund University (CIRCLE)
13. Chalmers University of Technology
14. Halmstad University College – CIEL
15. Jönköping University – Jönköping International Business School (JIBS)
16. Linköping University
17. Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship (SSES)
18. Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) Through SSES
19. Stockholm School of Economics Through SSES
20. Luleå University of Technology
21. Blekinge Institute of Technology
22. University of Gothenburg (GU)
23. University of Iceland, Reykjavík
24. Aalborg University, Denmark
25. University of Southern Denmark
26. LUT (Lappeeranta univ), Finland