Opening Nordic NORSI
NORSI 2021-2024 – a Nordic research school in innovation and entreprenurship
24 institutions join forces to create a Nordic research school in innovation and entrepreneurship.
Date and time
The opening took place on 28 January 2021 on Zoom at 13:00 (1,5 hours).
Programme with presentations
Time 13:00- 14: 15: on Zoom –
- Welcome, Professor Roger Sørheim, NTNU – Project host (confirmed) and Birte Horn-Hanssen, BI – NORSI Coordinator
- Greetings from Research Council of Norway, Anne Kjersti Fahlvik, Research Council of Norway (confirmed)
- Greetings from VINNOVA Sweden, Göran Marklund, VINNOVA (confirmed)
- Video Greeting from Rector NTNU, Anne Borg (Confirmed)
- Greetings from NTNU, Monica Rolfsen, NTNU Host Faculty (confirmed)
- Greeting from BI Norwegian Business School, Provost Hilde Bjørnland, BI (TBC) – Project Co-host
- Ambitions for Nordic NORSI -what would we like to achieve, Professor Roger Sørheim, NTNU – Project host (confirmed
- International perspective on Nordic NORSI, Professor Ron Boschma, Utrecht University (confirmed)
- Importance of the research fields – innovation and entrepreneurship, Professor Magnus Gulbrandsen, UiO – TIK (confirmed)
- Alumni perspective, Tuukka Mäkitie, SINTEF (confirmed)
- Student perspective – opportunities, responsibilities, participation, Ukeje Agwu, UiT – Arctic University (student rep.) (Confirmed)
Timeline and important dates until NORSI Nordic Grand Opening
- September – November – Working groups meet and discuss – Zoom
- November – Working groups submit deliverables – Zoom
- 20 November 2020: Nordic NORSI workshop – Zoom
- 23 November 2020: Board of Directors meeting NORSI – Zoom
- 28 January 2021: NORSI – Opening Nordic NORSI – Zoom
- May/June 2021 – NORSI Assembly and student conference – in person
NORSI project description
Extracts of project description listed here as a news story on the NORSI website: http://norsi.no/news/norsi-awarded-funding-to-expand-its-international-collaboarations-with-a-nordic-focus/
NORSI 2021 -2024 In short
- NORSI 2021-2024 – a Nordic research school based on NORSI’s experiences
- In January 2021, NORSI will change its name to the Nordic Research School in Innovation and Entrepreneurship. NORSI will expand on the network and continue the good practices that were established by NORSI during the years 2012 – 2020. NORSI will work to become a Nordic initiative and continue as a research school whose main task are to support and coordinate excellent PhD courses and international network activities within the research areas of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Primary objectives NORSI 2021-2024
- 1) NORSI will provide a world-class PhD training program within innovation and entrepreneurship research, thus enhancing the quality of PhD education in the Nordic area.
- 2) NORSI will strengthen the Nordic connections in the innovation and entrepreneurship research community.
- 3) Strengthen international orientation among PhD candidates by providing access to an international research arena with world leading researchers within the field of innovation and entrepreneurship.